Monday, March 12, 2012

How I became the Red Rockstar!

Soooo i'm going out on a limb here and starting a blog...just a little about me and why i am about to attempt this blog...

A little about me...i am first...not a writer...therefore i can't spell (BS in accounting...not english) and i write how i talk...my grammer sucks...hopefully you can handle it.

Why i'm doing this...well 1. cause i'm crazy and 2. it's a long story...so grab a pepsi...or my fav a margarita, on the rocks, no salt!

I have played competitive softball my whole life...well until i was 22 and graduated college and i didn't have 8 people following me around ready to play softball when i was...so i decided i needed a competitive outlet...and i was diagnosed with a thyroid issues and was told to lose 40 pounds...enter running.

I started running to lose the weight the doctor told me to lose.  lets go back and say before this, there would have been no one in the whole world who would have labeled me a runner...i would complain about running from the dugout to the fence and back...i hated running...but i had to lose 40 pounds...so i started running...first on the treadmill and then outside...soon i was running everyday...at least 5 miles a day. 

i started talking to friends about how i missed the feeling of competition and they start suggesting i should run in races...i said no...i'm too slow...i'm gonna be last...but then some boy (now would be called some lame ass boy) who was trying to hit on me...he told me his hood to coast team needed a runner and asked if i would do it.  I said sure...and after running my first hood to coast in 2008 i was bit by the running bug

so...that christmas i was sitting around board googling running information and ran across portland fit...and from then on i decided i was going to run a MARATHON...i was super excited it was all i could think or talk about...so i joined portland fit and start running in races and training for the 2009 portland marathon...

running running running...one saturday i ran one of the portland fit's (p. fit in my world) bench marks...15 miles...it was AMAZING...that was a saturday...that monday i barely made it to the bus stop trying to get to work and then I almost fainted at the printer...i decided to call the dr....went in that day...gave some blood and found out i had mono...fml.

laid up in bed forever and became out of shape and weak....for the next 2 years every time i tried to start running something got in the way...work...bad foot...too much expectations of myself...and mostly my mind....but i have always wanted to get back into running...on a whim i signed up for the 1st rock and roll half...on the day registration opened...cause i'm cheap (it was half off) and i thought it might be the push i needed.

enter 2012...new year, newly single, new dog, new friend,and a future race haunting me...time for change...so my old friend and my new friend started weight watchers...and after some convincing i decided to join...cause i gained the 40 pounds i lost.. and i thought it could help me get back into running...my new friend was running and my puppy was starting to be able to run a mile so i started to run...just a mile...then i told my new friend about portland fit and how cool it was and how cool i used to be...when i was running...she was excited...i was really wanting to try to run again...so we signed up. 

Back in the day i was fast...well faster than i am now...so i have to swallow some competitive pride and know as long as i'm running i'm doing good...no matter how slow i am...p. fit groups people by pace...i'm in the slow group...the red group....but as the red team leader says...i'm red and i'm proud...cause i'm f-ing running...hell yeah!

so if you have any pepsi left, bottom line is i have decided i should start this blog because i'm red and i'm f-ing proud and because i feel like my inner thoughts while i run are entertaining and i should chronicle my way through this adventure of getting back into running...for your and my reading pleasure...so enjoy and lets see if i can get back into the shape and run this half...and the half 3 weeks later ;)

1 comment:

  1. I like this, how motivating, you are Badass!

    Now, no making fun of my blog :)

    *ThrifterSister aka your sister-in-law :)

    ReplyDelete